Rabbi Meir Shapiro
Daf Yomi Series by Rabbi Dovid Horowitz
Tractate Berachos Part 1
"Dafyomi," (or Daf Yomi) means a "page (Daf) a day (Yomi)," and refers to the system of Talmud (Oral Torah) study started on Rosh Hashanah 5684 (Sept. 11, 1923) by Rabbi Meir Shapiro ז״ל.
Although Jews have always studied the Talmud, Rabbi Shapiro's goal was to unite Jews all over the world by having them study the same page of Talmud each day, and to enable the Jewish layman to accomplish the great achievement of completing the entire Talmud which, with his system of a page a day, would take seven years (2,711 pages).
Today, Dafyomi study is often structured around a daily, hour-long lecture or study group. Invariably, one who has succeeded in completing one Dafyomi cycle will enthusiastically start the cycle all over again. An entire lifetime is not enough time to truly master the Talmud in all of its aspects.
- Parent Category: Torah
- Category: Talmud
- Hits: 28
- Kitzur Shulchan Aruch - The Laws of Shabbat (Prohibited Activities) - 9 by Rabbi Dovid Horowitz Part 58
- Rav Chaim Kanievsky - Orchos Yosher by Rabbi Dovid Horowitz Part 15
- Parashah Shmot - Be Like Moshe by Rabbi Avrohom Stulberger
- Parsha Shmot: Labeling & Anti Semitism what is the connection?! by Rabbi Mordechai Shifman
- Parsha Vayechi by Rabbi Avrohom Stulberger 5780
- Daf Yomi Series: Berachos (Part 1) by Rabbi Dovid Horowitz
- Parsha Vayechi: Why we are called Jews? by Rabbi Mordechai Shifman
- Rav Chaim Kanievsky - Orchos Yosher by Rabbi Dovid Horowitz Part 14
- Parsha Vayigash 5780
- Parshas Vayigash - Learning to Settle By Rabbi Mordechai Shifman
- The 13 Principles of Faith by Rabbi Dovid Horowitz
- Chanukkah messages - 5780
- Parasha Mikeitz - Miracles then and now by Rabbi Avrohom Stulberger
- Rav Chaim Kanievsky - Orchos Yosher by Rabbi Dovid Horowitz Part 13
- Talmud - tractate Kiddushin by Rabbi Yoni Handwerger - Part 28