Weekly Parsha 113
When you immerse yourself in Torah, the goal is not simply to amass information, but to gain a sense of how the Creator relates to us...
Torah refers to the first five books of the Bible, known as the Five Books of Moses or Pentateuch – Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy.
In Rabbinic literature, Torah is often used to refer to both the Five Books ( תורה שבכתב; "Written Torah") and Oral Torah (תורה שבעל פה, "Torah that is spoken"). The word Torah translates as "instruction," and in its broadest sense, some people refer to the full Tanah or the whole body of Jewish teachings and law.
The Torah makes up the first section of the Tanach – the Hebrew Bible, or what Christianity refers to as the Old Testament. Tanach is an acronym referring to its three parts: Torah, Nevi’im (Prophets) and Ketuvim (Writings).
The Talmud is a collection of writings that covers the full gamut of Jewish law and tradition, compiled and edited between the third and sixth centuries. Talmud is Hebrew for "learning," appropriate for a text that people devote their lives to studying and mastering.
- THE PATH OF THE JUST (Mesillas Yesharim / Ramchal) - by Rabbi Dovid Horowitz
- PARSHAS CHUKAS: The Key To Life - A Spiritual Accounting by Rabbi Dovid Horowitz
- Shmancy miracles and Insensed at the incense + fundamental ideas by Rabbi Nachi Klein
- PARSHAS KORACH - Standing Up To The Influence by Rabbi Dovid Horowitz
- Kitzur Shulchan Aruch - The Laws of Shabbat (Prohibited Activities) - by Rabbi Dovid Horowitz Part 64
- Parshas Shelach: You Can Trust Me by Rabbi Dovid Horowiz
- Parsha Beha'aloscha: Don't Complain - We Have So Much To Be Thankful For by Rabbi Dovid Horowitz
- What is Torah and Shabbat Observance by Daniel Hersko HaLevy
- Pirkey Avos (Ethics of the fathers) series by Rabbi Dovid Horowitz
- Parsha Naso: Bringing Hashem's Blessings Into The World by Rabbi Dovid Horowitz
- Kitzur Shulchan Aruch - The Laws of Shabbat (Prohibited Activities) - by Rabbi Dovid Horowitz Part 63
- Parsha Naso - what's our response to protests and rioting? by Rabbi Nachi Klein
- Parshas Nasso - "Holy From The Very First Step" by Rabbi Dovid Horowitz
- Rav Chaim Kanievsky - Prayer (Orchos Yosher) by Rabbi Dovid Horowitz Part 23
- Parsha Bamidbar - What Is The Center of Your Universe? by Rabbi Dovid Horowtiz