Tisha B'Av 10
Tisha B'Av (9th of Av)
Tisha B’Av, the 9th day of the month of Av, is the saddest day on the Jewish calendar, on which Jewish people fast, deprive themselves and pray. It is the culmination of the Three Weeks, a period of time during which we mark the destruction of the Holy Temple in Jerusalem.
The Month of Elul
"Elul" is the Sixth Month of the year, counting from "Nisan," called in the Chumash, "the first month." Counting from "Tishrei", the month of Rosh HaShanah, "Elul" is the twelfth, and last month in the year.
Elul is the name of the month which we are given each year to prepare for the "Days of Awe:"
Although we believe that G-d always watches over the world, and is always waiting for our "return," we also believe that, in a sense, He is more accessible during the 40-day period beginning with the start of Elul and culminating in the first ten days of the Month of Tishrei. Those days, known as the "Ten Days of Repentance," begin with "Rosh HaShanah," and end with "Yom Kippur."
- Parshas Vayeira: "Running To Do Chesed" by Rabbi Dovid Horowitz
- True meaning of chessed / kindness by Rabbi Mordechai Shifman
- Kitzur Shulchan Aruch - The Laws of Shabbat - 6 by Rabbi Dovid Horowitz Part 55
- Rav Chaim Kanievsky - Orchos Yosher by Rabbi Dovid Horowitz Part 10
- Weekly Torah Portion - Parsha Lech Lecha 5780
- Full Torah Parshas List and Links
- Noach vs. Avraham: How YOU Can Become Great! by Rabbi Dovid Horowitz
- Weekly Torah Learning - Parsha Noach
- Talmud - tractate Kiddushin by Rabbi Yoni Handwerger - Part 26
- Parsha Bereishis by Rabbi Avrohom Stulberger
- Simcha - the simple things are not so simple by Rabbi Avrohom Stulberger
- Sukkot - Building our own Gan Eden by Rabbi Mordechai Shifman
- Rav Chaim Kanievsky - Orchos Yosher by Rabbi Dovid Horowitz Part 9
- Yom Kippur: Let our hearts stir by Rabbi Avrohom Stulberger
- The Key to Teshuva - Finding Your Neshama by Rabbi Dovid Horowitz