Tisha B'Av 10
Tisha B'Av (9th of Av)
Tisha B’Av, the 9th day of the month of Av, is the saddest day on the Jewish calendar, on which Jewish people fast, deprive themselves and pray. It is the culmination of the Three Weeks, a period of time during which we mark the destruction of the Holy Temple in Jerusalem.
The Month of Elul
"Elul" is the Sixth Month of the year, counting from "Nisan," called in the Chumash, "the first month." Counting from "Tishrei", the month of Rosh HaShanah, "Elul" is the twelfth, and last month in the year.
Elul is the name of the month which we are given each year to prepare for the "Days of Awe:"
Although we believe that G-d always watches over the world, and is always waiting for our "return," we also believe that, in a sense, He is more accessible during the 40-day period beginning with the start of Elul and culminating in the first ten days of the Month of Tishrei. Those days, known as the "Ten Days of Repentance," begin with "Rosh HaShanah," and end with "Yom Kippur."
- Kitzur Shulchan Aruch - The Laws of Shabbat (Prohibited Activities) - 9 by Rabbi Dovid Horowitz Part 58
- Rav Chaim Kanievsky - Orchos Yosher by Rabbi Dovid Horowitz Part 15
- Parashah Shmot - Be Like Moshe by Rabbi Avrohom Stulberger
- Parsha Shmot: Labeling & Anti Semitism what is the connection?! by Rabbi Mordechai Shifman
- Parsha Vayechi by Rabbi Avrohom Stulberger 5780
- Daf Yomi Series: Berachos (Part 1) by Rabbi Dovid Horowitz
- Parsha Vayechi: Why we are called Jews? by Rabbi Mordechai Shifman
- Rav Chaim Kanievsky - Orchos Yosher by Rabbi Dovid Horowitz Part 14
- Parsha Vayigash 5780
- Parshas Vayigash - Learning to Settle By Rabbi Mordechai Shifman
- The 13 Principles of Faith by Rabbi Dovid Horowitz
- Chanukkah messages - 5780
- Parasha Mikeitz - Miracles then and now by Rabbi Avrohom Stulberger
- Rav Chaim Kanievsky - Orchos Yosher by Rabbi Dovid Horowitz Part 13
- Talmud - tractate Kiddushin by Rabbi Yoni Handwerger - Part 28